Weddings are not cheap! There are so many unexpected expenses so it’s logical that we try to cut corners and save a few pennies. But speaking from experience, the areas that I wish I’d spent more on at my own wedding are photography and videography. I hired a professional photographer but simply picked someone from a list of the venue’s recommended suppliers without vetting her portfolio or even meeting her first. I was young and naive! She captured some lovely photos but, knowing what I do now, I’d have shopped around and found a package that was more suited to my taste. Regarding a video – we didn’t hire anyone! I’d love just 30 seconds of video footage from the day but it was just before the advent of smart phones so we don’t even have any daft drunken phone vids! I know a lot of amazing videographers – just ask!
I regularly (at least 2 or 3 times a day) get emails asking for a list of my prices and once I’ve sent it, I don’t hear from them again. Fair enough. But I do feel it’s important to highlight the benefits of paying a little extra for a professional rather than someone offering what seems to be a great price. I’ll keep it short and sweet. With a full-time professional like myself, you get the following:
- A professional service – responsive to all calls, texts and emails.
- 6 years worth and 100s of weddings experience.
- I always have at least 2 professional camera bodies present at every wedding to cover the eventuality that one camera breaks on the day.
- I only use high quality lenses and equipment for the highest standard of images.
- I have an extensive list of fellow professional photographers I can call upon if I am ill and unable to make your wedding (this is my worst nightmare!!! But we’re all only human!)
- Above all else, I have a track record that I’m extremely proud of and have since become good friends with so many of my brides and grooms.
If you see an offer that looks too good to be true, it probably is. I charge a professional price as this is my livelihood and I put my heart and soul into giving every single person the best set of wedding photos that I possibly can. I cannot afford to compete price-wise with some people around, but that’s because this is my life and it pays my bills. Ultimately, you get what you pay for.
Please feel free to get in touch! 😀